When it comes to managing a household- keeping it clean, well-stocked, essentially making it a home, having the right tools can make quite the difference. For first time homeowners, it can be a little overwhelming, so we’ve come up with a categorized list with some recommendations to help you out.
1. Vacuum Cleaner
Whether you’re just starting out or looking for an upgrade, a vacuum cleaner is a must.
- Pricey, quality brand : The Dyson v11, $899
- Budget recommendation: Dibea D18, $148
2. Microfiber Cloths
Microfiber cloths are gentle enough to clean all surfaces- including stainless steel and glass. Stock up on a few and toss them in the wash with your towels on a regular basis to keep them clean.
- Pricey, quality brand :E-cloth, $15
- Budget recommendation: 3M SCOTCHBRITE MICROFIBER CLOTH (8PC), $16.95
3. Washing Buckets
You might not need a bucket every time you clean, but when you do, you’ll be glad you have it. Besides, you can utilize it as a caddy for storing your cleaning supplies and carrying them from room to room!
- Pricey, quality brand :Muji Polypropylene Bucket with lid, $26
- Budget recommendation: Leopard Pail, $1.60
4. Broom & Dustpan
Keep dust, dirt and pet hairs at bay with a trusty old’ broom and dustpan combination.
- Pricey, quality brand :Household Broom and Dustpan Set with Magnetic Holder Foldable Broom & Debris Pan , $22.40
- Budget recommendation: Luga stainless steel broom and dustpan set, $15
4. Flat Mop
Don’t like the standard unruly mops? Try a flat mop instead.
- Pricey, quality brand :TOPOTO Z9 Magic Flat Mop 2019, $35.90
- Budget recommendation: Hands-free flat mop, $9.60
5. Rubber Gloves
A good set of thick rubber gloves is cheap to buy and a necessity for protecting your hands from cleaning chemicals and whatever grime you’re going to have to deal with.
6. Kitchen Dish Sponge