Pest Control Services That You Can Trust
What are some common pest infestations?
Some of the most common infestations include cockroaches, ant colonies, mosquito breeding spots, termites and bed bugs. Different methods of pest control are recommended for different infestations to prevent recurring issues.
What is the difference between an exterminator and a pest control professional?
An exterminator simply does the job of eliminating all unwanted pests using chemicals that are more potent than the usual ones. Hiring an exterminator is often a temporary solution but pest infestations are potentially long-term issues.
On the other hand, a pest control professional will be able to provide more long-term solutions to make your home less inviting and attractive for these unwanted guests. They will focus on why the pests are present, search for the root cause and provide solutions to prevent future occurrences.
How much does pest control cost?
Depending on the kind of pests you need to get rid of and the extent of the pest infestation, professional pest control services can cost anywhere between $70 and $400. You can contact Helpling and describe your issue to ask for a quote!
How long does a pest control treatment take?
On average, the actual extermination of pests will take a couple of hours, depending on the size of your home. But you should also allocate extra time to properly ventilate your home before returning. In more serious cases such as fumigation, it may take even longer and you would have to make arrangements to vacate the property to allow the chemicals to do their magic. Don’t worry, our pest control professionals will be able to advise you on the details once they’ve assessed your pest infestation!
How long can a pest control treatment normally last?
In most cases, a one-time pest control treatment should be able to eradicate these unwanted guests. But depending on the size of your home, the weather, and the type of pests, you might wish to do pest control treatments quarterly or once every 6 months as a preventive measure.
What to do before and after pest control treatment?
- Ensure that your food, clothing, furniture and other paraphernalia are properly stored. Cover your sofas, chairs, tables, and cupboards with plastic wrapping and empty your wooden furniture, e.g cupboards or storage beds.
- Clear out furniture or items from corners so that your pest control professional can target the corners, which is where pests like to hide.
- If you have paintings and flower pots, cover them with plastic wrapping to ensure that they are not damaged or poisoned by the chemicals.
- Wait until the recommended time, as advised by your pest control professional, to come back home.
- Discard any food that was left outside.
- Do not clean immediately; let the pest control treatment take effect first.
- Keep a lookout for pests. Clean up dead pests immediately, as these corpses may attract other pests, resulting in more problems.
- Book a cleaning service for your home to do a deep clean.
Do new homes need pest control?
Yes! Newly built homes may have cracks or gaps that are the perfect place for pests to live and breed. There’s a possibility that pests were already present in the building materials or are attracted by the leftover materials such as wood scraps, which can attract termites. To reduce the possibility of you living with these pests in your new home, engage a professional pest control operator to inspect and eliminate any unwanted guests.